Monday, May 11, 2015

{Week 74} Polanco - May 11, 2015

Hi family! It was really strange talking to you all yesterday. I was waiting for the tears, but they didn't come until we had already hung up. I love it here, but I am getting really excited to see you all soon. And this morning Hna Ingram and I went to centro, to the marketplace Ciudadela again, and I bought you all your trinkets... they may not be exactly what you all asked for, but I think you'll like them! I do! I love the traditional Mexican stuff so much! My future house is going to be decorated en una manera muy méxicana!

The APs are Perea and Kelshaw. Our ZLs are Esplin, Garret, and Hixen. They're in a trio because Esplin and Garret go home at the same time I do, and they're training Hixen to be a ZL. My DL is Elder Lee.

So President Stutznegger and his wife are in search of 30 General Conference talks about the Savior to give to the missionaries -  if you have any suggestions you want to send me or him, it'd be really helpful! Thanks.

So you already know that on Wednesday we were in the President's house for most of the day - we made a year long training program for the mission. But we didn't finish it, so next Wednesday we're going back to finish it off. I love being in the president's house - it's super peaceful. We had arrived Tuesday at his house, and then Wednesday morning he went to go pick up the assistants, so while we waited we were just doing personal study. I spent about 2 hours just studying one scripture - John 14:6. I learned a ton of stuff - it was an answer to prayer. One of the messages I got really strong was about the importance of having charity - the way. I could feel so strongly the love that my Heavenly Father and Jesus have for me and for everybody, and I feel like I could understand even better the  need to love everybody. I also learned quite a bit about personal revelation - the truth. It's been so amazing to me to see when I diligently search for revelation, the Lord really does reveal things line upon line, and precept upon precept. And it's through this personal revelation that I find the strength to do as He asks, and I feel His love even stronger. I also learned a lot about the Atonement - the life. I know that through Christ's atonement, we can receive eternal life. Heavenly Father wants us to return to live with Him. We just have to love Him with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. And if we truly love Him, we will do as He asks without being compelled to do it. I have really come to love the scriptures over these last 17 months - there are so many treasures found in them, and if we study them everyday, and apply the things we learn to our lives, we can truly change and become the people He wants us to be. 

Our investigators are doing well...
 - Alejandro - we had a great appointment with him on Saturday night. Before, he didn't even really believe that there was a need for him to get baptized - he just liked learning. But on Saturday it was like everything clicked, and he felt the spirit, and came to understand and feel like he needed to be baptized. We have an appointment with him tonight, and depending how things go, he should be getting baptized on Saturday! He has progressed so much since we started teaching him. He's a really great guy. 
 - Bertha - we found her on Tuesday, but she wasn't able to meet with us at all in the week. Sunday we passed by to bring her to church, and she said that she wasn't going to be able to go. We testified to her that it would really help her if she came, so she said she'd meet us there. They say that a lot, but then never show up. but she actually did! About 15 minutes late, but she came! That was a miracle for us, and tomorrow we have another appointment. 
 - Carlos - we've lost Carlos! We can't find him. We don't know if he's avoiding us, or if we just have really bad timing, but pray for him and that we'll find him, because he has so much potential. 
- Nora - she came to church again, but she's really not sure how she feels about the whole baptism thing... pray for her too!
- Edith - she's still not married,  but she came to church on Sunday... she also needs lots of prayers. 

And remember Rosa and Israel? They're the ones that have to get divorced and married before they can get baptized. They are so amazing. We meet with them once a week, and they always come to church on Sunday. Right now they technically don't count as investigators, because they can't get baptized, but we love them. They have such a desire to get baptized, and are working hard to be able to do it. We always feel so happy when we teach them. We love them! The picture is them at the church. 
This is Israel, Rosa, and Victor. I love this family!
 And I love Mother's Day! They gave everyone ice cream in church! And it was Cheese flavor, which is my favorite. It's seriously soooo gooood. You'll have to try it sometime. 

So we've been walking a lot lately... and May is pretty much the hottest month here, so we are always sweltering! Then it always rains at night, so our shoes get wet on the way home. And our area is a lot bigger, and lately people haven't been home, so we usually end up walking around for a couple hours in the hot sun just contacting... lots of fun. 

We also did divisions this week. Hna Ingram went to Oriental with Hna Ortiz, and I stayed in P--- with Hna Valdivia. She's from Tijuana, Baja California, and she goes home when I do. We had a good time together. Divisions are fun - a nice change of pace, and I always learn something new. This week we're trying to do them with Hna Gurley and Hna Llaguarima. Hopefully we're able to do it! 

So that's everything for now! It's so crazy to think I'll only be sending 4 more emails before I come home. I love you all tons and hope you all have a great week. And I'll talk to you soon! Be good, say your prayers, and study the scriptures! love you :)

- Hermana Taylor

Mothers Day Skype

No comments:

Post a Comment