Wednesday, December 25, 2013

MTC - Christmas Day

Feliz Navidad!!! This is my only time to email today. Of course my district got the 7:00 slot lol. And I only have 20 min, and I can't send pictures. But that's ok!! I am just happy to get to write you all! This has been the weirdest Christmas ever. Yesterday we were like... "Wait. It's Christmas Eve?" It really sneaks up on you when you're completely distracted with so many other things. But I love it!

Last night the Hermana's and I all pulled our mattresses into the living room and had a Christmas Sleepover. It was a lot of fun, and then just as we were all falling asleep, there was a pounding on our door, and we could see our Elders running away. We were joking about how immature they were for playing Nicky Nine Door, and then I was like, "What if they left something?" so we opened the door, and there was a box filled with candy!! Our district is the best one ever!

Last night, we had our Christmas Eve devotional. Our guest speaker was Elder Dave Evans of the 70, who is executive director of the missionary department or something like that. He starts off by telling us how excited we'll be tomorrow when we get to hear from Elder... and then he stopped! and was like "I guess that's supposed to be a secret!" We all groaned in disappointment, because we've been speculating over who will be coming since we got here! But he gave a really great talk where he talked about proper communication and how our letters to our families need to uplift and edify them. He read a bunch of the letters he and his father exchanged, especially over Christmas. Dad, I was so happy to get your letter. It was beautiful, and honestly made me cry. I love you so much! All of your letters have been amazing. I love getting them.

I love you all so much... but I don't miss you. I'm where I'm supposed to be. I know that, and I'm happy to be here. One thing Elder Evans said was that the best way to celebrate His life, is by doing His work. I know that's true and I'm so happy to be doing it! This has been the weirdest Christmas, but also one of the best. I love this gospel! I know it's true. I know that our Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers, and that He loves us and will strengthen and edify us.

I also wanted to say thank you for all the presents! I got packages from the Gates, the Quists, and Lisa Anderson as well as you! Lisa sent me a Charlie Brown tree, so that's what all our presents are under. It's awesome! I opened all my presents from ya'll on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, because we're at main campus all day today and won't have much time to open presents. The only present I saved for this morning was my gift from the Savior. Thank you so much Mom! I love the necklace. I'm wearing it now and plan to wear it often. I loved the gifts from the girls as well. You're all amazing!

The blow up tubes in my stocking were a blast. The Hermana's and I blew them up and had a crazy sword fight. It was a blast! We couldn't stop laughing. They said to say thanks, as does my companion for the pen.

I love Christmas. Last night after the devotional the whole MTC got candy and watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. It was so much fun! We've all seen that movie a bazillion times, but it was a blast to see it with everyone. Christmas is amazing. I'm so happy to be spending it in the service of the Lord. I hope all of you have a marvelous day, and have a lot of fun together, and that you remember the reason for the season.
Love you!

- Jasmine/Moose/Hermana Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment