Monday, September 1, 2014

{Week 38} Polanco - September 1, 2014

Mackenzie, I absolutely loved your letter. You are so sweet! And Jordy, I always love your letters. I've been thinking about it... and lets live together! That would be so fun! I love you tons.

I got the package - thanks mom! And I am so tempted to open that gift...
It flooded again!  Hna Mercedes and I.

Me and Isabel, a member that was with us. She took these photos on her phone then just sent them to us, so they're a couple weeks old.

So it's September now! And Sept 15 is the Independence Day of Mexico, so they've already started preparing and decorating. Mexican flags, sombreros that say ¡Viva Mexico!, and red, white, and green everywhere! And I already know that these Mexicans know how to party, so it'll be interesting to see what happens that day!

And one of our new investigators is named Gustavo. He's about 60 and the cousin of a member family, and makes piñatas for a living! He's a cool guy. So since it's almost the 15th, he's been super busy doing a bunch of piñatas. But he's always waiting for us when we come and he came to church on Sunday! And stayed for the whole 3 hours and for a baptism afterwards. And he's reading and praying, but says he hasn't received his answer yet, although he likes it. The only problem is that he drinks... a lot. But I know he can do it!

So this week we found several new people... but they're all 'super busy' and don't have time to meet with us. So that's unfortunate, but I know there are other people out there ready and waiting for us to knock on their door! ...which is where it get tricky, because we've already knocked on every door in the area, and several we've knocked 2 or 3 times. But it's ok! because there are 1-8 families living in every house, so if we just keep knocking eventually we'll get to talk to the golden ones!

This morning was so much fun! We had our reunion as a zone, and after a short training session, we played volleyball and ate hot dogs! It was so much fun to play volleyball - I had a blast.

Hna Mercedes got a bit depressed the other day. Her first while in the mission she was baptizing almost every week, and here we went for 8 weeks without a baptism until Adolfo came along (he's 40 by the way) and unless we find some more people and they start progressing, September is looking pretty bleak too. So we called our District Leader Elder Gerken and he came and gave her a blessing - and gave us some good advice and shared that last Sunday his sister died, and he told us some of the things that keep him going strong. I'm honestly not sad or depressed or anything, it's just been hard because we work hard and find people, but then Sunday comes and they're nowhere to be found. I feel like the master of the vineyard in Jacob 5, when he looks and sees that all the trees have gone bad and are only bringing forth bad fruit, and he asks 'what could I have done more for my vineyard?' I keep thinking what more could I have done, or what more can I do to help my area flourish and bring forth fruits!?  But the answer is found there in Jacob 5 as well, when the servant says 'spare it a little longer' and they go to work again, pruning and digging. It says ''and thus they labored, with all diligence, according to the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard.'' And the good fruit came and the bad fruit left! So that's what I've been trying to do, and that's what I'm going to keep doing - labor with all diligence, and keep all the commandments of the Lord. And if I do that, I know that the fruit will come!

I love it here in Mexico. It's crazy to think that I'm almost half done my mission. It's flown by. But I'm having a good time and I'm learning more everyday.

Compórtense bien, oren mucho, y que disfruten sus ultimos dias de vacación!
¡Les amo mucho!

-Hermana Taylor

Me and another member, also named Isabel. She's a less active that's started coming to church again.

Two of the cutest little Mexican girls ever - they're the nieces of Isabel.

No comments:

Post a Comment